Here at FBC Brewster we believe the goal of reading the Bible is to allow the Bible to read you. So the purpose of any Bible reading plan is not to primarily keep you on a schedule but to keep you in the Word. After all, if you miss a meal, it’s foolish to give up eating.
We encourage you to get into the Word of God this year. Here are few plans that we recommend:
- Discipleship Journal: Book at a Time – Read through the Bible. This plan provides four daily readings beginning in Genesis, Psalms, Matthew and Acts. Great if you want a variety of passages each day.
- National Association of Evangelicals Daily Reading Plan This chronological plan is used by The Bible Recap podcast, an 8-minute, daily podcast that summarizes and explains each day’s reading. Here's the Spanish version
- Read the Bible For Life Chronological Plan. This plan allows you to read the whole Bible in 1 year chronologically.
- Read through the New Testament in a Year. Using this plan, you’ll read a chapter from the New Testament five days each week, finishing the New Testament in 52 weeks.
- 7 Day Devotional Reading Plan on Jesus: He Gets Us. Jesus was a real person, with a heart for people. His message was radical in His day and ours. Though he had endless patience with people. He stood up for the poor, those who were taken advantaged, welcomed children and defended woman. Get a glimpse of what life was like with the real Jesus.